is now a content / contributing Writer for
New NCAA Recruiting Rules
* No communication with a college coach prior to June 15th
of their sophomore year.
* This does not mean a player isn't allowed emailing a coach.
* Official and Unofficial visits are permitted starting August 1st of the player's junior year.
* Verbal offers are allowed starting August 1st of the player's junior year.
20 Important Changes to Rules of Golf 2019
1. Search time - reduced from 5 to 3 minutes
2. Ball moved during search - replace (no penalty)
3. Embedded ball - free relief anywhere in general area
4. Measuring a drop - use longest club (except putter)
5. Dropping - knee height rather than shoulder
6. Taking stance on wrong putting green not permitted
7. Ball hits player or equipment - no penalty
8. Double hit - counts as one stroke
9. Touching sand in bunker incidentally is permitted
10. Loose impediments can be removed anywhere
11. Drop a ball out of a bunker - two penalty strokes
12. Water hazards now penalty areas
13. Touching ground in water / penalty area acceptable
14. Ball moves on green after being marked - put back without penalty
15. Ball accidentally moved on putting green - replace (no penalty)
16. Can repair most damage on green
17. Positioning a club for alignment not permitted
18. Caddie assisting with alignment not permitted
19. Ball hitting a flag stick on putting green allowed
20. Ball wedged against side of hole and flagstick deemed as holed
Matt Stotler Golf Academy students
With a 70 (-2)
17th SOPGA Open
Pinnacle Golf Club
Finishes T4 / 104
With a 219 (+3) 72-77-70
Pine Mountain GA
Finishes Fall Season with a 75.5 Scoring Average
With a 146 (+2) 71-75
Centre Fall Invite
Wins the 16th SOPGA Open
with a 139 (-5) 67-72
TPC River's Bend Golf Club
Goes Back to Back!
Wins the 2019 Dayton City Match Play Championship
3&1 over Bryce Haney
In his first Heartland Conference Championship!
Finishes T4 Crossroads Men's Conference Championship
In his first Crossroads Conference Championship!!
Finishes T9 after Round 2
HCAC Men's Conference Championship
Round 3&4 May 4&5
For the second time
GOLFER OF THE WEEK!
The Indiana small college Invitational
The Donald Ross GC @ French Lick
GOLFER OF THE WEEK!!
With a 137 (-7) 65-72
Brickyard Crossing Golf Club
The Big Four Classic
Crooked Stick Golf Club
Post 65!! in opening round